Mark Apsolon's Video Production Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Need to buy a consumer video camera from BestBuy...

Go down

Need to buy a consumer video camera from BestBuy... Empty Need to buy a consumer video camera from BestBuy...

Post  SonicOrbStudios Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:18 pm

I know my cameras and all but when it comes to being limited to consumer models and buying at one store, (BestBuy) I am lost on what to get. I have heard the Canon HV20 is nice but it's around $800 at BB...normally $600 at other stores... Rolling Eyes

I used to own a Sony Handycam (DCR-HC32) but BestBuy just took it and said the repairs were going to be higher than the cost of the $500 camera and gave me store credit.
This is nice since the cam is already 5+ years old and never had an outstanding image quality anyways...

I am now looking to swap out for a new video camera while keeping in the consumer line. I want to go High Def. but am unsure of what media storage to look into. I have plenty of MiniDV tapes and such but also have seen a lot of the new flash based SD cameras coming out now and even work with one every now and then...

I was thinking of getting the Canon HV20 but wanted to check in here and get some better thoughts and reviews on other products.
I Don't like how sony uses on board screen settings to adjust everything so staying with a brand other than that may be ideal...right?

Since I have credit for BestBuy I must buy there...so please try to suggest a cam they carry online. I also would like to try to stay under $700.

Thanks for the help everyone
SonicOrbStudios
SonicOrbStudios

https://www.youtube.com/user/sonicorbstudios

Back to top Go down