Mark Apsolon's Video Production Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bad quality of videos

2 posters

Go down

Bad quality of videos Empty Bad quality of videos

Post  Rich Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:00 am

I do sports videography and create videos and websites for high school athletes to be used as recruitment tools for colleges.
I thoroughly enjoyed your annotation video. It opened up a vast area for me that I can use in my work. I am really interested in learning more on how to make my video more professional looking so that college coaches are able to view prospective recruits on line. An Example of one of my recruitment videos (still under construction) can be found at www.sportshots-nj.com/matt22 )

I am having a problem with the quality of videos. I have a professional Panasonic AG-DVC30 camcorder and the videos are very clear and crisp coming directly from it. However, after I edit them and either send them to a DVD authoring application or post them on line they appear very blurry and pixalated at times. I don't know if there is a problem with my CODECS, (I tried updating them to the best of my knowledge), the setting I am using to capture, edit and output my videos in my editing application or what can be the problem. I do my editing of a PC using Windows-XP-Pro, I use a separate drive for editing and rendering. I was using an old editing program from ULEAD called Media Studio Pro but they were bought out by Corel and don't offer that product any longer. I tried using their VideoStudio X2 its not as professional but I tried it. I even tried using a version of Adobe Premier CS3 and still get the same result...not very clear looking video. You can see of these of videos I posted on Youtube user /rintile. If you have any ideas or procedures I would be extremely grateful.

Thank you
Rich Intile

Rich

Back to top Go down

Bad quality of videos Empty Re: Bad quality of videos

Post  SonicOrbStudios Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:46 am

It looks like the video is either really compressed or just digitally scaled up causing the fuzzy results after rendering.

I believe the Panasonic AG-DVC30 is a standard Def. DV unit meaning it will only shoot up to 720x480 which won't get you great results when scaling it up for youtubes 1280x720 HD feature.

The fix would be to get a true HD camcorder. camcorderinfo.com is a great place to get information on all different units and compare prices.
SonicOrbStudios
SonicOrbStudios

https://www.youtube.com/user/sonicorbstudios

Back to top Go down