Mark Apsolon's Video Production Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Opinion

4 posters

Go down

My Opinion Empty My Opinion

Post  Risk1710 Sun Oct 26, 2008 2:20 am

i use a few programs for my editing , such as Final Cut studio Pro, Adobe After Effects & 3ds Max Studio for my effects and sound track pro logic for my sound editing also for making my DVD menu's i use DVD Studio from Final cut but there is a lot of good awesome software it depends if you have a PC or a Mac available also , Pc is always premier its a great peace of software =) to have but if your having trouble with that program Sony Vegas is the way to go =) Some People have there own opinion on software it depends what you fancy

Risk1710

http://www.risk1710.com

Back to top Go down

My Opinion Empty I need some DVD menu customization help for PC

Post  Mrfrenchie Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:34 am

Hey I'm trying to customize a DVD menu using Nero but it's limited in what it can do. Is there a recommended software that I can use to achieve what I'm looking to do? I have a PC and I'm looking for something comparable to final cut pro because that program is all-in-one.

Mrfrenchie

Back to top Go down

My Opinion Empty Re: My Opinion

Post  SonicOrbStudios Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:08 am

DVD authoring can be done with Adobe Encore comes with Premiere now so if you have Premiere, that's a good way to go.
If you use Sony makes Architect Pro 4.5 which is another nice piece of software. This is what I've been using while I learn Encore on my own.

Video editing software:
Premiere is nice and all but if you are on PC and you are serious about your work or do work for a major company, the best software to go with is Avid as it's the industry standard and you can jump into ProTools for audio editing.

Premiere is my personal choice because of the user interface which allows for quick editing. If you have Soundbooth you can jump into that for audio editing.

Sony makes quite a few NLEs. Vegas Pro 8 is the current high end one and is quite good for the price however some of the things they designed into the interface don't make much sense to me...
I also have not seen any high end studios use this program.

Those who run Macs use FinalCutPro and ProTools

I have not used Nero in a long time but last time I did use it it was more built around burning files to CDs/DVDs and converting files...now I hear it does basic video editing... I personally don't think it's a good product to build DVD menus on or edit video with though.
SonicOrbStudios
SonicOrbStudios

https://www.youtube.com/user/sonicorbstudios

Back to top Go down

My Opinion Empty Thanks from Mrfrenchie

Post  Mrfrenchie Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:07 pm

Hey thanks for the quick reply I'll be on the look out for this program. Are there any good tutorial videos for it?

Mrfrenchie

Back to top Go down

Post  SonicOrbStudios Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:23 pm

Mrfrenchie wrote:Hey thanks for the quick reply I'll be on the look out for this program. Are there any good tutorial videos for it?

none that I know of. I have a few tutorials on my youtube but at this time I only have them out for Premiere, After Effects, and Vegas.

You can try searching YouTube for tutorials but TBH, most of them are older and so you will have a very hard time seeing whats on the screen...(no HD support...) That's the main reason I started doing the tutorials myself.

youtube.com/sonicorbstudios
SonicOrbStudios
SonicOrbStudios

https://www.youtube.com/user/sonicorbstudios

Back to top Go down

Post  ranger7theseries Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:31 pm

hum... looks like it works a lot like pinnacle only without the crashing and bugs. That's what I have now and I am so unhappy with it. But I have premier too. Just have to learn how to use it.

ranger7theseries

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down