Mark Apsolon's Video Production Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AFX or Premier or?

3 posters

Go down

AFX or Premier or? Empty AFX or Premier or?

Post  8Dusty Tue Dec 23, 2008 8:42 am

IF you had to chose one.

Form what i can tel thy are very similar; interface, basic options, prise, and allot of advanced options. But Premier is built to handle heavy editing es AFX has allot more animation/effects fiction's. Well i am going to do simple green screen and maybe some simple effects for the web.

I'm leaning for AFX even if i know Premier better. Or is ther any uther program i cood consider? I wod like Fusion but it is out of my price range.

-Erik

8Dusty

Back to top Go down

AFX or Premier or? Empty Re: AFX or Premier or?

Post  SonicOrbStudios Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:32 am

Premiere is an editor
After Effects is a 2D creation program.

You really can't edit in After Effects but as the same time you cant do the thing that After Effects does in Premiere.
They both do their own thing and so it may be best to buy the bundle and get them both.

If you are just doing basic movies, I would go with Premiere as it can key out and do some basic animation work...
I also suggest looking into the Sony Vegas line as its a little less expensive than the Adobe Products and works quite well. I believe Mark is still working with Vegas at this time, I use it as well for some jobs.

IMO, AE is better for titles and opening sequences. I would never want to edit in that program though.
SonicOrbStudios
SonicOrbStudios

https://www.youtube.com/user/sonicorbstudios

Back to top Go down

Post  GottaLaunch Sun Dec 28, 2008 5:01 am

exacly, as SOS said, AE is an animation program, and Pr is an edition program.

If I were you I would use them both; create a workflow where you edit it for the most part in Pr, and then do some advanced stuff in AE...

At AE, you might want to consider the plugin 'keylight', as this is the most powerful one on the market.

Yours, WVD
GottaLaunch
GottaLaunch

http://www.gottalaunch.com

Back to top Go down

Post  8Dusty Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:17 am

Ok, thanks for the advise. You are rite. Premiere wood be the best choice, but we are going for the Production Premium. It has several things that would be useful.

btw. do you have any advise on witch codex is best. primarily for online streaming, and combined with flash and just for general video sharing.

8Dusty

Back to top Go down

Post  SonicOrbStudios Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:09 pm

I personally use the H264 codec for my videos but my teacher who works on Avid all the time uses Sorenson 3 and says its best for online videos.
SonicOrbStudios
SonicOrbStudios

https://www.youtube.com/user/sonicorbstudios

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum