Camera, Greenscreen, lights... I'm confused... please... help

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Camera, Greenscreen, lights... I'm confused... please... help

Post  acleitao on Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:59 pm

Hi Mark, Hi guys,

Greetings from Brazil... I tried this sunday (all day long) to accomplish a good greenscreen shoot... I got my camera sony dcr sx40, two 500w hallogen (dont know if spells this way hope you understand) reflectors to light the green screen, three 125 w fluorescent on the subject (kind of 3 point light not perfect but..) and try to kinds of screen... first a plastic one (bought on wallmart) and the second one my poker table cloth (the back side is entirely green) after shooting... I tried Adobe after effects and sony vegas but... I didnt configure in a way where the screen disapears and my body not... always get dots on my body (my english terrible so Im having trouble to describe the problem here) I was wearing a white t-shirt and its got alot of transparent dots.... so my question is... the problem is the handycam, the screen, or lights? Im thinking about buy two more 500w reflector for lightening the subject but dont want to throw money in the garbage.... any toughts on that?

again sorry for the bad english hope you understand....

looking forward to hear from you

PS: Im just a hobbist... dont want to get perfect...acceptable is ok Very Happy

Alexandre

acleitao

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Camera, Greenscreen, lights... I'm confused... please... help

Post  acleitao on Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:59 pm

nobody?

acleitao

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SonicOrbStudios on Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:22 am

Welcome to the forums!

Sounds like you should be using a proper green screen in order to get the best key however you also need to learn how to properly use your software to key out the green.

I have tutorials out on keying in After Effects and Adobe Premiere but not for Vegas.
http://www.youtube.com/user/SonicOrbStudios

Look at the most recent videos as I did 3 in a row about keying.

The lights and camera all seem fine for your setup but I would highly suggest getting yourself a muslin green screen from Tubetape.com
They sell starting at $20 however I suggest spending a little more for the 10 foot by 12 foot which runs around $50. Reason being is I had gotten a small screen to start with and quickly found how undersized it was once I set it back far from the subject and even further away from the camera. These are not too expensive and last a long time so it's worth getting a good large green screen.

http://www.tubetape.net/servlet/the-Green-Screens--fdsh--Backdrops-cln-Chromakey-Green/Categories

SonicOrbStudios

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/sonicorbstudios

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 12:59 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top