New to making video's

View previous topic View next topic Go down

New to making video's

Post  xultrazerox on Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:12 am

Hello everyone,
I recently started getting interested in making video's.. My little brother is a huge YouTube Fan lol and a few of my friends said i should start up a channel because i am " Funny ". So i figured i would give it a shot, not only can i use it but my bro could too. SO, Today i just bought a Kodak Zi6 Video camera $100 they normally run at $160 so i got a steal on the price plus it records in HD. but i don't really know were to go from here.

I plan on purchasing the 5' x 7' Chroma key screen from tubetape.com Thank to Mark. Razz But as for software i do not know where to start. my video camera came with "Media Impression" but highly doubt it includes what i would be looking for.. Id like to be able to insert music, sounds, Images into the backgrounds, and what not.. I do run on a budget so hoping to kill these goals as cheap as possiable. As it's pretty much just for fooling around. Also the work lights do i have to purchase them for this small of a green screen?

Thank,

xultrazerox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New to making video's

Post  SonicOrbStudios on Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:42 am

Welcome to the forum!

While shooting in HD gives you a nice image, it can be a pain to edit if you don't have a fast computer. I recently got a new Canon Vixia HFS100 which shoots 1080p and found I need to update my already quite fast machine.
But anyways I suggest either looking into one of the Sony video editors or even Adobe Premiere Elements which is similar to the full Premiere CS4 but slightly limited and much lower in price.The software that came with that camera will not work for what you are looking to do.

Last tip, buy a green screen one size larger than you think you will need as it always seems to be too small, (at least that's what I've run into in the past). If it's too large for some project you can always fold it in half.
Oh and yes, lighting a small green screen is just as important as lighting a large one. Two single type work lights will work fine.

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/sonicorbstudios

Back to top Go down

Post  xultrazerox on Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:07 am

As for the computer speed i think i might have that covered. as i dont alot of stuff on the computer. Currently running.
AMD Phenom X4 9650 4MB 95w Socket AM2+ CPU ( quad core )
ECS GF8200A GeForce 8200A Socket AM2+ Motherboard ( currently usein onboard graphics 512mb geforce 8200 )
Corsair XMS2 2048MB PC6400 DDR2 800MHz

will be upgrading this soon to a 9800 geforce 1 gig card. Just wanna be sure this will handle what im looking to do. if not then let me know what area to fix here i can do it. Thank you so much for your help.

xultrazerox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SonicOrbStudios on Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:38 pm

I would eventually move up to an Intel i7 and get a Workstation graphics card but for now I think your setup will work out just fine.

I'm running a dual core 3.10 GHz processor, 6GB DDR2 memory, and a GeForce 8600GT 512mb video card in my setup and thats lagging a little.
A standard video card is good for gaming and are fairly priced however Workstation graphic cards are much better at rendering media however they run much higher in price...
I'm saving up for the ATI FirePro V8700 1GB GDDR5

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/sonicorbstudios

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top