Mark Apsolon's Video Production Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RANGER 7 THE SERIES EPISODE 1

2 posters

Go down

RANGER 7 THE SERIES EPISODE 1 Empty RANGER 7 THE SERIES EPISODE 1

Post  ranger7theseries Fri Dec 25, 2009 2:12 pm

HEY EVERYONE I'VE POSTED THE FIRST EPISODE IN MY WEB SERIES!!!!
SO PLEASE GO CHECK IT OUT AND SUBSCRIBE!!!
)https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjBKE4vDD20

OR ON

HTTP://WWW.RANGER7THESERIES.COM
THANKS AND MERRY XMAS TO ALL!!!
SMZ Wink

ranger7theseries

Back to top Go down

RANGER 7 THE SERIES EPISODE 1 Empty Re: RANGER 7 THE SERIES EPISODE 1

Post  SonicOrbStudios Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:25 am

Good job but I have some suggestions for you.

This video offers 720 and 1280 HD modes but I think either you scaled the media up or it is all just compressed giving it that soft/fuzzy look.

There are also quite a few continuity errors such as when Mr Wormwood walks into the ULOA Base and turns to his right. Before he finishes the turn you cut to him standing there fully turned and very still. This is something that must be planned out when shooting each shot and sometimes you just gotta re-film some things to make them flow better to the eye.

I like the use of the green screen but you should try to make it blend a little better as it's clear when you are using it.

Lastly, I would like to hear your audio turned up more as it's quite low. Here in the studio I have to max out my playback channel and even then, boost my headphones to get it up to proper levels.
SonicOrbStudios
SonicOrbStudios

https://www.youtube.com/user/sonicorbstudios

Back to top Go down

Post  ranger7theseries Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:33 am

Yea, I'm trying to figure out how to do less compression. The problem is I don't have an HD version of FXhome. So it only does the Fx in 720. Then I have to run it through windows movie maker to up the size. This makes it fuzzy. If you have any suggestions on how I can get around not using windows movie maker that would be great. I'm also working on my sound mixing. The third installment is going really well with sound. I'm also re-editing the sound for the second ep. I also think I'm going to start shooting in video not in cinimatic mode with my cam. This should make the green screening look a little better. But thanks for all your help. Wink
And thanks for watching!
SMZ Wink

ranger7theseries

Back to top Go down

Post  SonicOrbStudios Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:10 pm

WMM tends to really degrade the video a lot when exporting...more so than most programs.
I'm not sure why you are running through the second program, can't you just export from FXhome and get it into a format from youtube direct? I'm no expert on that program and only tried it out a few days so I'm not sure of the exporting types it allows.

I would try exporting at 720x480 which is wide screen standard def. I'm working on a short set of videos to compare my video quality between exporting at 720x480 and scaling up my DV camera to fit 1280x720. I'm hoping YouTube has improved the standard quality and that everything will look better when exported and uploaded at 720x480.
I'll let ya all know what the outcome of this all over the weekend when I upload the media.
SonicOrbStudios
SonicOrbStudios

https://www.youtube.com/user/sonicorbstudios

Back to top Go down

Post  ranger7theseries Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:52 am

YOU TUBE just upped their resolution so now you can choose one. It looks a lot better in 1080p. still a little foggy... but much better!

ranger7theseries

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down