Mark Apsolon's Video Production Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'No Rest for the Wicked' - 24hr contest film

2 posters

Go down

'No Rest for the Wicked' - 24hr contest film Empty 'No Rest for the Wicked' - 24hr contest film

Post  ben3308 Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:45 am

Hey guys!

I'm relatively new here, but I'm a big FXhome and TubeTape user, so this seemed like the next logical step. Last weekend I completed a short film in the Dallas 24 Hour Video Race, entitled "No Rest for the Wicked". It's short (5 minutes long), a dark comedy, and is relatively technically competent. Shot on a Canon GL2 (no adapters) but I like the images I got out of it. So check it out!

Here's a link to multiple formats/media for it:

http://fxhome.com/cinema/view/3791/no-rest-for-the-wicked

'No Rest for the Wicked' - 24hr contest film 1
'No Rest for the Wicked' - 24hr contest film 2
'No Rest for the Wicked' - 24hr contest film 3
'No Rest for the Wicked' - 24hr contest film 4
'No Rest for the Wicked' - 24hr contest film 5

A little bit more info about the film and the race:

Guns. Mayhem. A dash of comedy.

That's what you get with 'No Rest For The Wicked', the fifth annual Atomic Productions entry into the Dallas 24-Hour Video Race. (2009)

When a ragtag team of four men stage an unprepared heist, trouble ensues.

This year the required elements were
  • Theme: Misunderstanding
  • Prop: Fruit or vegetable
  • Line of Dialog: "the one on the left."

The movie couldn't be more than five minutes in length and had to be produced, as many of you already know, entirely in 24 hours. We wanted to do something a little different this year and deviate from our knack for overly-dramatic exposition following the lead-up to our epicfail 24 hour project, 'Kingdom Come'. This year we instead tried different things in every field- completely new actors, locations, different styles of music, different styles of writings, lots of new crew members, and took more creative liberties.

We think, even given these things, the movie came out exactly as we wanted it to- and even though this is the first year we didn't make the finals, win, or place; we're still proud of 'No Rest For The Wicked'.

ben3308

Back to top Go down

'No Rest for the Wicked' - 24hr contest film Empty How!?

Post  Brandon Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:14 am

How do you make this kind of movie?

Brandon

Back to top Go down